Saturday, January 15, 2011

The LibraryThing from the blog

LibraryThing is kind of fun but I'll be damned if I can be bothered adding more than a handful of the books I've read over the years or sitting on my shelves to it. I do kind of like the idea of linking it to the library catalogue even though I doubt a huge amount of library patrons would use it. It is still a nice feature to have for those who would use it especially if your catalogue is of the more bare bones variety.

I must admit it did take me an embarrassingly long time to work out how put the LibraryThing widget into my blog and I guess using an out of date Google 'how to' help page didn't actually help either.

3 comments:

  1. You weren't alone in having difficulty with your widget. Thank goodness for my work colleagues for help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not alone in struggling to add in the widget! Took me a little while before i realised what i had to do..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me a long time figuring how to attach the Library Thing widget into my blog too. I can see a small minority of our patrons using Library Thing.

    ReplyDelete